Buy Local | Shop Small
How To Shop Green:
Our recommended shopping strategy (in order of preference):
- If you can buy the products we offer from a local, small business in your community, definitely do that. Use us as a reference source for quality product information.
- If you can buy the products we sell from a national retailer in your community, then reluctantly do that. The environmental benefits of purchasing these products are the primary goal and buying locally ultimately saves resources.
- If you can't buy these products locally, either from a small business or national chain, then buy them from us - that's why we are online. We will plant a tree to offset the resources used and pollution created by the transaction, and the profits will go towards green space advocacy.
- Buy your products online from a (inter)national e-commerce website. Please don't. We will match anyone's price (including shipping), even that of the biggest retailer on the planet.
- Buy a non-green product. No don't. Do anything you can to avoid this option. It is only by purchasing green products that we can move manufacturers towards making greener products the norm, which is our ultimate goal.
Small businesses are important to the local economy.
When you buy from a local, small business, more money stays in and cycles through the local community then if you buy from a national chain. This results in more jobs and collected taxes in the local community.
You also support:
- a local entrepreneur, or family of entrepreneurs
- the promotion of local expertise in a give market
- your community, its people and programs
Small businesses are important to the US economy.
Small businesses comprise:
- 99.9% of all firms
- 99.7% of firms with paid employees
- 47.5% of private sector employees (59 million out of 124 million employees)
- 40.8% of private-sector payroll
From 2000 to 2017, small businesses created 8.4 million net new jobs while large businesses created just 4.4 million. Small businesses account for 65.9% of net new job creation.
(See Small Business Administration FAQs for more details)
Why Little Green Store?
- Our products are carefully researched, vetted, and chosen to ensure you get the best environmental products we have access to.
- We guarantee your satisfaction across the board, with the price, the quality, and the service/support. If you are not 100% satisfied, we will make it right.
- We ship using recycled and reused packaging, and pack using reused 100% biodegradable starch-based (75% corn, 25% potato starch) packing peanuts.
- We plant a tree for every order we receive in order to offset part of the carbon emissions and natural resources used to produce and ship the product.
- At the end of the year, when all the bills are paid, whatever is left over (profit) is used to advocate for improved access to green space.
For more information about Shop Local | Shop Small, contact us at: email@example.com.